“Personal Information” generally means any information that identifies you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect a few categories of information, from a few different sources:
- Profile information and other content you voluntarily provide us, which may include:
- User name and password
- Contact information when you register on our Sites, such as your name, street address, demographic information (such as your gender), date of birth, phone number, and/or email address. You may also provide us information about other people, such as when you direct us to send a gift on your behalf.
- Any content or contributions you post in a public space on the Sites. This includes comments, videos and photos that you might submit. If you contact us through a social media site, we may collect your social media identifier.
- Any information you provide in communications with us, such as via social media, e-mail or our customer call center.
- Payment information, such as when you make a purchase with us and we need your billing information to process the transaction.
- Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites, such as by our web servers and by third party analytics tools we use:
- Our system logs may record certain information about visitors to our Sites, including the web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device and mobile ad identifiers, browser information, interaction with the Sites, pages viewed, app usage, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- We use certain cookies, pixel tags and other technologies to help us understand how you use the Sites and enable us to personalize your experience. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. We may ask advertisers or other third party partners to serve ads or services to your devices, which rely on cookies or similar technologies placed on our Sites.
- We may detect the physical location of your device by, for example, using GPS information collected by mobile apps or location information shared by your web browser. We collect this information for purposes of enhancing or facilitating our services, such as enabling certain functionalities of the Sites that can provide you with information about promotions or relevant product information near you. We may use your device’s physical location to better understand how our Sites and other services and functionality are being used and to provide you with relevant and personalized location-based services and content, including advertising. Should you wish to opt out of the collection of this information, please adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. Please consult your device settings for further information.
- We may receive information from third parties such as advertising and marketing partners, public databases, and social media platforms, to supplement the information we receive from our consumers. If we do so, this policy governs how we can use that information.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- to communicate with you about and to process orders, purchases, returns, services, donations, promotions, campaigns, programs, contests, sweepstakes, rewards and accounts
- to inform you about our brands, products, promotions, events or other promotional purposes
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while
- to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and on behalf of our promotional and strategic partners
- to improve your experience with our products and services, such as by personalizing your experience with us
- to allow you to participate in polls, sweepstakes, promotions, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities
- to deliver gift cards or gifts to others in accordance with your instructions
- to permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds
- to perform analytics, quality control, market research, and determine the effectiveness of our websites, mobile applications, promotional campaigns, and develop new products and services
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- to comply with applicable law and legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud
- to facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites
- to provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our operations or those of our affiliates
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
- To the extent permitted by law, all of your Personal Information may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other services, to enable them to provide services
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- in connection with the essential purposes described above (e.g., to comply with legal obligations)
- To the extent permitted by law, your name and contact information (and other information you make public) may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship for promotional activities, where permitted by law
- To the extent permitted by law, information that is passively collected when you use the Sites may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies for use on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
For example, a vendor (e.g., Google, Facebook) may provide us with certain digital advertising pixels or other tools to recognize their cookies during your visit to the Sites and to learn which of our online advertisements may have brought you to our Sites, or to serve you with advertisements for Plis products after you leave the Sites. These third-party vendors may also use other digital advertising tools, as well as your Personal Information, to recognize you across the devices and online services you use.
DO NOT TRACK
THIRD PARTY SITES
We use standard physical, technical and administrative measures designed to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS RIGHTS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
- You can opt out of receiving promotional emails and mailing by informing us of your preferences when you sign up for a Plis account or modifying your promotional preferences online in your profile account management section. To stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and/or email marketing communications from us, you may text “STOP” to a text message from us or click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email from us. In addition, you may let us know as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please specify which types of communications you no longer wish to receive, and the relevant telephone number, address, and/or e-mail address. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as emails about your accounts or purchases.
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. Please note that we may continue to share your Personal Information with our affiliates, service providers, for essential purposes described above and other such circumstances.
How you can access or delete your Personal Information
- You may request a copy of the following: (1) The categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the Personal Information; (4) The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information and the categories of Personal Information shared; and (5) The specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected, used or disclosed (if applicable).
- You may request that we delete your personal information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information on the Site from anyone under the age of 13 or allow minors under the age of 13 to disclose their Personal Information to us through the Sites. The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section.
We may ask for additional consent during the account sign-up process from minors who are 13 to 15 years old under relevant and applicable laws if Personal Information may be shared outside of Plis and its affiliates and service providers.
If you are under the age of 18 and a registered user of the Sites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Sites by contacting us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, for example, another user of the Sites may have reposted your public content somewhere else on the Sites or on another website.
- You may email us at: https://rickyjoy.com/contact
- You may call us at 855.868.6039
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in any emails to us.